Yandina General Cemetery located on the southern corner of Cordwell Road and Central Park Drive covers an area of approximately 4 acres and comprises denominational portions that are not now indicated. According to information displayed at the cemetery, it was originally proclaimed in 1882 as the Maroochy General Cemetery and was administered by Trustees until it passed to the control of the then Maroochy Shire Council in 1956. It was about that time that its name was changed.
The monuments are generally in good condition and upright with no apparent evidence of vandalism. The grounds are maintained in excellent condition by the Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
Paul Fitzgerald visited the site and made digital images of every visible inscription in April 2010. He found inscriptions dating from 1883.